<menu id="cem48"><strong id="cem48"></strong></menu>
  • <xmp id="cem48"><nav id="cem48"></nav>
    <xmp id="cem48"><menu id="cem48"></menu>

    手機APP下載

    您現在的位置: 首頁 > 專業八級 > 專八聽力 > 英語專八聽力真題 > 正文

    2023年英語專業八級真題聽力 Interview(2)

    來源:可可英語 編輯:Daisy ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
      


    掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

    Now, Jim, you said a gap year can be just a few months?

    吉姆,你說間隔年可以只有幾個月?

    So what if people don't want to take a whole year out?

    那么,如果人們不想花一整年的時間呢?

    Well, everyone gets confused when you say gap year.

    哦,當你說間隔年的時候,人人都會感到困惑。

    They are like, "What? It's a whole year?"

    他們會覺得,“什么?要一整年嗎?”

    No, it's not. A gap year is just time-out between life stages.

    不,不是的。間隔年只是人生各階段之間的休息時間。

    People from all ages and all backgrounds take a gap year, you know.

    不同年齡和不同背景的人都會選擇間隔年。

    And the majority of this time, I'd say, it's usually only for three to nine months.

    我要說的是,大多數時候,它通常只持續三到九個月。

    Anyway, back to the question.

    不管怎樣,回到問題上來。

    If people only want to travel for a month or so, then there are a number of short gap options.

    如果人們只想旅行一個月左右,那么有很多短期的休學選擇。

    For example, they can travel around China or Southeast Asia, taking in the sights.

    例如,他們可以在中國或東南亞各地旅行,欣賞風景。

    They can volunteer in South America and they can go on an overland tour in Africa.

    他們可以在南美做志愿者,也可以去非洲進行陸路旅行。

    There are endless opportunities out there.

    有無數種機會。

    All you need to do is to decide what it is you want to see and do.

    你只需要決定你想看什么、想做什么。

    Short gaps are like ultra-concentrated gap years.

    短期的休學就像超高強度的間隔年。

    Now, another question. You yourself travelled and volunteered in your gap year.

    還有一個問題。在你的間隔年,你獨自旅行并做了志愿者。

    So why is that a good option?

    為什么這是一個好的選擇呢?

    Because you are not only making a direct difference to local peoples' lives, but you're also learning more about a specific culture and society.

    因為你不僅對當地人的生活產生了直接的影響,而且你還學到了更多關于某種文化和社會的知識。

    Often you can learn a lot more about an area volunteering than just travelling around.

    通常來說,做志愿者會比旅行更能讓你了解一個地方。

    We'd love to find out what is on people's travel list.

    我們很想知道人們的旅行清單上都有什么。

    Could you tell us yours?

    你能告訴我們你的嗎?

    I think a travel list has to be as ridiculous as possible.

    我認為旅行清單必須盡可能地荒謬。

    It has to be made up of things that are achievable and things that are, perhaps, unachievable.

    它必須要包括可以實現和可能無法實現的東西。

    After all, what do you do when you've done everything?

    畢竟,如果所有事情都能做到,那你還會做什么呢?

    Um, on my travel list: No.1, cage diving with great white sharks;

    我的旅行清單:第一,與大白鯊一起籠中潛水;

    No.2, hitch-hiking across America from New York to San Francisco;

    第二,搭順風車橫穿美國,從紐約到舊金山;

    No.3, touring overland in Africa;

    第三,在非洲大陸旅行;

    and No.4 is climbing Mt. Qomolangma, which, let's be honest, I need to think twice.

    第四是攀登珠穆朗瑪峰,老實說,這一條我需要三思。

    So Jim, you've travelled a huge amount for somebody who's only 26 years old.

    吉姆,對一個只有26歲的人來說,你已經旅行了很多地方。

    I'm curious. How did you get the travel bug?

    我很好奇。你為什么會熱衷于旅游?

    Well, firstly, I grew up in an international household with a German mother and an Italian-American father.

    首先,我在一個國際家庭長大,母親是德國人,父親是意大利裔美國人。

    So our daily lives and conversations always were more global in a lot of ways.

    因此,我們的日常生活和對話在很多方面都更加全球化。

    Thus, I always saw the world as small and attainable.

    所以,我總覺得世界很小,任何地方都是可以抵達的。

    Secondly, when I was 16, I left home to go to the United World College,which is a 2-year boarding school with students from 90 different countries.

    其次,我16歲的時候,離開家去了聯合世界學院,這是一所兩年制的寄宿學校,有來自90個不同國家的學生。

    There, I really grew to see the entire world as an interconnected place, and began to think of myself less with national identities and more through global and human lenses.

    在那里,我真正開始將整個世界視為一個相互聯系的地方,并開始更多地從全球和人類的視角來看待自己,而不僅僅是根據國籍。

    These two things really explain my love for the world and help to explain my love of travel, I guess.

    這兩點充分解釋了我對世界的熱愛,我想也解釋了我對旅游的熱愛。

    Oh, I see.

    哦,我明白了。

    And what will visiting every country in the world mean to you personally?

    訪問世界上每個國家對你個人來說意味著什么?

    For me, it'll be about how much I've learned.

    對我來說,重要的是我學到了多少。

    It will be a validation of my ability to think critically and analyze the different ways that societies try to function.

    這對我的批判性思維以及分析不同的社會運行方式的能力是一種驗證。

    There's so much to learn from personal experience or being in a place.

    親自經歷或者到達某個地方,可以學到很多東西。

    And I love travel, because to me, it's about constant learning.

    我喜歡旅行,因為對我來說,旅行就是不斷學習。

    Yeah. "Travel broadens one's mind", as the saying goes.

    是的。俗話說得好,“旅游開闊眼界”。

    Well, Jim, thank you very much for joining us on the interview.

    吉姆,非常感謝你參加我們的訪談。

    My pleasure.

    我的榮幸。

    This is the end of Part Two of the interview.

    訪談的第二部分到此結束。

    Questions 6 to 10 are based on what you've just heard.

    根據剛剛聽到的內容,回答6-10題。

    Question 6.What does the man say about a gap year?

    問題6.男子對間隔年有什么看法?

    Question 7.According to the man, why is volunteering a good option?

    問題7.根據男子的說法,為什么志愿服務是一個好的選擇?

    Question 8.Which of the following activities is the man least likely to do?

    問題8.以下哪項活動是男子最不可能做的?

    Question 9.What contributes to the man's love for travelling?

    問題9.是什么促成了男子對旅行的熱愛?

    Question 10.What does the man see as a personal benefit of global travelling?

    問題10.男子認為全球旅行給個人帶來的好處是什么?

    重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
    benefit ['benifit]

    想一想再看

    n. 利益,津貼,保險金,義賣,義演
    vt.

    聯想記憶
    confused [kən'fju:zd]

    想一想再看

    adj. 困惑的;混亂的;糊涂的 v. 困惑(confu

     
    majority [mə'dʒɔriti]

    想一想再看

    n. 多數,大多數,多數黨,多數派
    n.

     
    function ['fʌŋkʃən]

    想一想再看

    n. 功能,函數,職務,重大聚會
    vi. 運行

     
    global ['gləubəl]

    想一想再看

    adj. 全球性的,全世界的,球狀的,全局的

    聯想記憶
    option ['ɔpʃən]

    想一想再看

    n. 選擇權,可選物,優先購買權
    v. 給予選

    聯想記憶
    curious ['kjuəriəs]

    想一想再看

    adj. 好奇的,奇特的

    聯想記憶
    constant ['kɔnstənt]

    想一想再看

    adj. 經常的,不變的
    n. 常數,恒量

    聯想記憶
    interview ['intəvju:]

    想一想再看

    n. 接見,會見,面試,面談
    vt. 接見,采

     
    validation [,væli'deiʃən]

    想一想再看

    n. 批準;確認;生效

     
    ?
    發布評論我來說2句

      最新文章

      可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

      每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

      添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
      添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
      国产在线精品一品二区-亚洲精品v欧洲精品v日韩精品-国产 麻豆 日韩 欧美 久久-亚洲中文字幕丝祙制服
      <menu id="cem48"><strong id="cem48"></strong></menu>
    • <xmp id="cem48"><nav id="cem48"></nav>
      <xmp id="cem48"><menu id="cem48"></menu>